11 October 2010

So I suppose this could be the end of a semi-self imposed, lack of things to say, general apathy about the whole blog thing today.  Or maybe not.  The lack of things to say part is pretty much true; I think after surviving a quarter of Greek that BLEW my mind and getting things at the Z off and running, each time I considered writing I found myself uninspired.  Maybe mental let down?  Maybe just not wanting to write?  Maybe trying to sort out thoughts and not being able to...anyway, I'm back for now.  No promises, dear reader, about frequency, but I'll try.  Here are some things that are percolating...

- We have a new dog, introduced to old dog.  Things were, um, rocky at first.  Now they are settling in and getting on quite nicely.  Interesting to observe, though -- kinda like church, I suppose.  You try something new, or re-arrange, or introduce a new dynamic into a situation that has been pretty steady and solid for a long time, and there is bound to be some growling and snapping before everyone learns to play nicely.  I figured out pretty quickly, though, that I could not rush the process.  I had to let them hammer it out themselves (partly because they are dogs and do not understand me speaking to them and telling them to get along); it involved a few nips and some whimpering, but in the end, when they are curled up together for the night, this heart of mine pretty much melts.  Kinda like when we all learn to get along and play nice, too...

- School.  I am ready to be done -- not learning, just being graded.  My kids are rocking at Monroe Elementary!  We pray daily for their teachers, and that our kiddos will fulfill the call to be a blessing in their classrooms and school.  So far, it appears that they are.  Score.

- Our home is for sale; we are hoping to move a little closer to the heart of the bustling heart of Beaverdale.  4 bedrooms and a little more closet space is the reason.  In the midst, we are learning a 'rubber meets the road' lesson in trust.  Surprisingly, neither of us are anxious.  The Boss (Jesus, not Springsteen) has a plan, and we are confident if it is of Him and He is in the details, all will work out well.  So if you know anyone looking for a SWEET 3 bedroom pad in East B'dale...send them our way!

- Guilty pleasure -- Glee re-runs on Hulu.  They skewer EVERY stereotype in our society.  It is pretty funny, and those kids can sing!  Last week -- 'Grilled Cheese-us'.  A boy sees Jesus in his grilled cheese, is drawn to faith until he figures out it is just a sandwich.  Interesting comments, though, on prayer, faith, the church, and pretty pretty insane silliness with regard to what was prayed for.  Good for a laugh, even better to provoke some serious thoughts on how we pray and what we pray for.

So there ya go.  More...maybe...soon-ish!?

No comments: