13 October 2010

For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.
- Philippians 2:13

I am reminded of this as I write in a moment of silence at the Z; 7:15 pm having gone through  9th graders and memory work, and dropping a 10 min talk on Sr. High students on the responsibilities we have in relationships with one another.  I think back on where I have been in the last hour and a half, and cannot fathom where the words came from to say.  This day has been a whirlwind, full of all sorts of crazy things, including prepping the house for our first showing and praying like crazy it is our last.  5:30 am was early this morning, but it was fueled by crisp October air, a gorgeous little girl that walked quite well on her leash, and some muddled by heartfelt prayer.  Seems like the threads of today are sew together, revealing this very thought.  None of what I do, what I endeavored to pull off today, is possible save for the very working of God in me to make it so.  And in the silence, know it is about to erupt again in laughing students, singing little one, puppies, and bedtime rituals, I am amazed and blessed by His presence in my life and by His inworking in me, calling me to serve Him by loving on His church.  After all these years, I still cannot believe I get paid to do this...

No comments: