01 April 2010

Thursday, Maundy Thursday's thoughts.

This is a pretty big day in my faith-life.  This was the day a lot of years ago that I went to a Thursday night service in advance of hanging out with friends, and at that service I saw the Last Supper visually re-enacted.  Something clicked.  I sat there thinking..."this is it.  This is what I've been missing.  This is the thing I have been looking for..."  The choir loft overlooking the Sanctuary was the spot of this revelation, where the Spirit busted down the door and beckoned me to follow.  That was the moment that this guy, Jesus, became REAL, when everything I had learned from Mom and Sunday school and friends, when the prayers of my grandparents were realized.  Pretty remarkable stuff.

This blog post from a guy named Ben Witherington was a good read for me today; pay close attention particularly to the last paragraph.  Whether the Shroud is the real deal or not, his thoughts at the end stand.

The Real Face of Jesus

No comments: