10 April 2010

Resurrected Life.

I was struck driving to school yesterday at how alive the neighborhood was.  Brilliant blue sky, fluorescent green grass, red cardinals singing their lungs out, kids walking towards Monroe Elementary, flowers starting to pop out of the earth.  Life is all around, and it is breaking out in a big way.  This week we have tried to focus on living the Resurrected Life -- basking in the glow of the Risen Jesus and allowing the truth of His victory over sin, death, and hell to 'sink in'.  I am not entirely sure what that means, and how that is supposed to look.  I do know that at various moments, it has made all the difference this week.  The fact that death is defeated allows me to look at all circumstances and seek the good and seek God.  The truth that the wages of sin are paid allows me to forgive, even when forgiveness is not asked for.  The Resurrected Life gives me hope for today and for tomorrow, knowing that He who is for us is greater than anything that may come our way.  That is something worth pondering and hanging on to.

No comments: