06 September 2010

All things done in Christ, pt. 1

So the adventure begins...today at Hey!Good Cookies in Spirit Lake, IA.  Went in for a treat and cup of coffee; found ourselves waiting in line.  Not a big deal, especially here and in the morning.  The time passed -- 10 minutes, to be exact.  There were 3 behind the counter; not one greeted us; only one looked in our direction.  One worker walked past us, took a muffin out, and then walked into the kitchen not to be seen again; another busied themself with the coffee machine.  After 10 min had passed, the 3rd worker says, "Hi.  Are you waiting...have you been helped?"  Um, no.  "Oh, well, we'll be with you shortly."  5 more minutes, and another trip to the kitchen, I order my cookies and get my beverage.  Hmmmm...

I immediately realized this was an opportunity to exercise the thing I spoke on in church this week -- doing all things in the name of Christ, for His sake and glory.  That included biting my tongue, waiting in line, and being thankful for the treats and hands that delivered them.  This was not easy; but, He never said it would be.  So, Jesus, be glorified in my restraint.

No comments: